3 Hours (Half Day)
£300 + VAT for a half day with up to 20 participants
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training. (Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
This course covers the following aspects:
- What is Parkinson’s Disease?
- How does Parkinson’s Disease affect the working of the brain?
- Problems with medication
- Tiredness and depression
- Difficulties with communication
- Coping strategies
- The emotional side
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of what Parkinson’s Disease means to the sufferer and the carer
- Gained an understanding of the specific difficulties that can arise from Parkinson’s Disease
- Explored some of the coping strategies for carers when caring for someone suffering with Parkinson’s Disease
- Gained an understanding of the long term complications that can arise as a result of suffering with Parkinson’s Disease
- Gained an appreciation of how healthy living and lifestyle will impact on the sufferer and the resultant management of Parkinson’s Disease