3 Hours (Half Day) or 6 Hours (Full Day) excluding breaks
£300 + VAT for a half day with up to 20 participants £500 + VAT for a full day with up to 20 participants
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training. (Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
This course covers the following aspects:
- Why we reminisce
- What is Reminiscence?
- Webster’s Reminiscence Functions Scale
- Approaches to Reminiscence
- Reminiscing in a group
- Triggers in Reminiscence
- Planning a session and using resources
- Workshop exercise
- Ideas for sessions
- Looking at resources
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of what Reminiscence is
- Explored the values of various reminiscence strategies in working with clients with varying capabilities
- Discussed difficulties experienced when planning and carrying out a reminiscence session within the workplace
- Experienced taking part in a reminiscence session and then evaluating it
- Gained knowledge of where to get resources and information from to help in carrying out reminiscence sessions in their place of work