Duration 3 Hours (Half Day) or 6 Hours (Full Day) excluding breaks
£300 + VAT for a half day with up to 20 participants £500 + VAT for a full day with up to 20 participants
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training. (Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
This course covers the following aspects:
- What is a Stroke?
- Causes of Stroke
- Risk factors
- Primary, Secondary and Tertiary prevention
- Effects of Stroke
- Communication difficulties
- Workshop session
- Cognitive difficulties
- Psychological difficulties
- Sensory difficulties
- Coping strategies
By the end of this course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of what a Stroke means to the sufferer and the carer
- Gained an understanding of the specific difficulties that can arise from a Stroke
- Explored some of the coping strategies for carers when caring for someone suffering from a Stroke
- Gained an understanding of the long term complications that can arise as a result of suffering from a Stroke
- Gained an appreciation of how healthy living and lifestyle will impact on the sufferer and the resultant management of a Stroke