Please contact us for details
6 Hours (Full Day)
£250 + VAT
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training.
(Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
Welcome and Introductions
- What is Diabetes?
- The role of Insulin and the Pancreas
- Ideal levels
- Type 1
- Type 2
- Who is at risk?
- Triggers for Diabetes
- Treatment of Diabetes
- The importance of monitoring blood sugar levels
- Potential complications in Diabetes, including:
- Heart disease and Cholesterol
- Blood pressure
- Oral health
- Sexual function
- Skin problems
- Foot problems
- Diet, including:
- Healthy lifestyle advice
- Things to watch out for…….
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of what Diabetes means to the sufferer and the carer
- Gained an understanding of the specific difficulties that can arise from Diabetes
- Explored some of the coping strategies for carers when caring for someone suffering with Diabetes
- Gained an understanding of the long term complications that can arise as a result of suffering with Diabetes
- Gained an appreciation of how healthy living and lifestyle will impact on the sufferer and the resultant management of Diabetes
- Discussed the importance of monitoring blood sugar levels
- Be able to understand and recall the major teaching points from the session