6 Hours (Full Day)
£250 + VAT
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training.
(Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
Welcome and Introductions
- What is Multiple Sclerosis?
- Types of MS
- Symptoms of MS
- Causes and risk factors
- MS facts
- Effects and Management
- Problems with Urination and Bowels
- Pain and MS
- Spasms and Stiffness in MS
- Fatigue and MS
- Relationships, Intimacy and MS
- Diet and MS
- Exercise and MS
- Emotions and MS
- Depression and MS
- Memory & thinking and MS
- Supporting and motivating service users with MS
- Person Centred Planning and MS
- Evaluations and Close
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of what Multiple Sclerosis is
- Examined the more commonly found types of Multiple Sclerosis and some of the symptoms
- Explored the diagnosis and some of the treatments for Multiple Sclerosis
- Gained an understanding of the effects of Multiple Sclerosis and the importance of effective management
- Explored some of the problems associated with Multiple Sclerosis – Urination and Bowel function, Pain, Spasms and Stiffness, Fatigue, Relationships and Intimacy, Diet, Exercise, Emotions, Depression and Memory and Thinking
- Be able to understand and recall the major teaching points from the session