3 Hours (Full Day)
£250 + VAT
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training.
(Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
Welcome and Introductions
- What is Person Centred Planning?
- What is Person Centred Care?
- Principles of PCC
- Why Do It?
- Autonomy and Choice
- Medical and Social Models of Disability
- Barriers to PCC
- Malignant Social Psychology
- The importance of accurate factual recording and reporting
- Positive Person Work
- Risk Assessment
- 5 key features of PCP
By the end of this session participants will have discussed:
- What the terms Person Centred Planning and Person Centred Care mean
- The Values in connection with person centred care and what part the key worker plays in providing a quality service
- The importance of involving the service user and key others in the care planning process
- The service user’s rights and choices
- A person’s right to :Individuality, Privacy, Independence, Dignity, Respect and Partnership
- Confidentiality, equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion in respect of legislation and good practice
- “Positively Managing risk” and how that fits in with Risk Assessment in terms of Person Centred Care and Planning
- Be able to understand and recall the major teaching points from the session