6 Hours (Full Day)
Travel cost and subsistence charges may be incurred dependant on location of training.
We do offer group or organisational discounts on application
An additional charge of £15 + VAT per learner is also made for certification for OCN accredited training.
(Correct at time of going to press)
This course could be run at our Training Centre in Rainham, Kent, but is typically run at client locations throughout the UK.
Assessment & Award
The course assessment is a short exercise aimed at ensuring staff have gained the necessary knowledge. On successful completion candidates will be awarded the appropriate certificate.
Welcome and Introductions
- What is Person Centred Care?
- What is the Person Centred Approach?
- The values and principles of PCC
- Why Do It?
- A person’s right to:
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Dignity and respect
- Equal opportunities
- Autonomy and Choice
- Barriers to PCC
- Malignant Social Psychology
- Positive Person Work
- Person Centred Planning
- Risk Assessment
- 5 key features of PCP
- Medical and Social Models of Disability
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of what the term Person Centred Approach means
- Explored the Values
- Discussed a person’s rights and choices
- Discussed a person’s right to:
- Dignity and Respect
- Discussed confidentiality, equal opportunities and diversity
- Explored Care Plans and Risk Assessment in terms of Person Centred Care
- Be able to understand and recall the major teaching points from the session